Important Information from the Ministry of Education
The Ministry of Education has asked OSCA to share information with our members about changes to Course Codes, Course Titles and Course Descriptions, which was recently sent to Directors of Education (Click here to view Memo).
The following disciplines are affected:
- Canadian and World Studies, Grades 11 and 12
- Classical Studies and International Languages, Grades 9 to 12
- First Nations, Métis, and Inuit Studies, Grades 9 to 12
- Health and Physical Education, Grades 9 to 12
- French as a Second Language: Core French, Extended French and French Immersion, Grades 9 to 12
The most significant changes are in the International Languages discipline, where there has been a move from 4 levels to 3 levels, and in the Health and Physical Education discipline where there have been course code changes. In the other disciplines, the changes involve course titles and descriptions to match the course content.
Summary spreadsheets indicating the changes can be accessed by clicking HERE. (Click the courses above to see the descriptions.)
The Ministry is also in the process of updating the Course Code and Course description document that is found on the Ministry of Education website. It is anticipated that that document will be released in early fall 2015.
These changes were effective for the 2015-2016 school year.