OSCA/ACOSO Student Awards Nominations are now open for 2024
Forms are to be submitted no later than May 6th, 4:00 p.m.
OSCA-ACOSO Anthony Di Lena Student Pathway Awards’ mandate is to assist at-risk students in their journey towards success. One of the most important ways this is accomplished is by providing the OSCA-ACOSO Anthony Di Lena Student Pathways Awards to at-risk students who have demonstrated the exemplary ability to succeed in the face of adversity. $500.00 awards are presented to students who, in their postsecondary pursuits, are taking a pathway to apprenticeship, community living, college, university or workplace.
OSCA-ACOSO Anthony Di Lena Student Pathways Awards for At- Risk Students
One of the most important mandates is to provide scholarships to exemplary at-risk students for post-secondary education or vocational training.
Nominated students must be graduating/or have graduated from an accredited public secondary, Catholic secondary, or inspected private secondary school, including First Nations, in the province of Ontario in the previous school year.
Students must be nominated by a classroom teacher, a Student Success Teacher or a Guidance Counsellor who are not their parent. The nominator does not have to be a member of OSCA.
In order to be nominated, a student must fulfill one or more of the following criteria:
- The student succeeded in school despite having to overcome personal obstacles.
- The student succeeded in school despite having to cope with bullying and/or violence.
- The student succeeded in school despite being socio-economically disadvantaged.
- The student succeeded in school despite having to manage a mental health issue.
- The student succeeded in school despite having to overcome academic challenges
A complete nomination requires three parts:
- Completion of the on-line nomination form found below;
- A detailed description, written by the nominator, of how the nominated student fulfills one or more of the criteria mentioned above;
- A short description, written by the nominated student, of how they have overcome these obstacles and achieved their success.
Five Pathways Awards will be awarded for $500 each. The nominator should indicate which pathway the nominated student will pursue after completion of their high school education – University, Apprenticeship, College, or Workplace.
It is our hope that this award could be presented to the receiving student at their graduation ceremony. The nominator should provide the date of this ceremony.
- Students may not be nominated for more than one award per year.
- Students may receive an OSCA-ACOSO Award only once.
- OSCA-ACOSO Awards are one-time awards only.
- Decisions made by the OSCA-ACOSO Board regarding nominations are final.
- Apprenticeship, College, Community Living, University, or Worplace.